Monday, February 25, 2013

Latte' is still hanging on . . .

I have accepted that Latte' will be leaving this life soon. Spending as much time with her as I possibly can. She is not yet showing signs of pain - - - yet her breathing is becoming labored - - - and all of her bones show much more prominently through her skin.

On January 1st, she was her normal 40 pound (18.18 Kg) self. Bright eyed, waggy-tailed, with quite a bit of energy for an older dog.

Latte', Gordita and I - - - 10 January 2013

Today she is just a boney little creature . . .

Latte' - - - 24 February 2013
While I find it difficult to watch her slowly starve to death, I am very grateful for every second that we have together. She is the first dog I have ever lived "long term" with. We have had 14 years, 9 months, 19 days together.

She has often been referred to as "Miss 697 out of 700" due to the fact that when she was a puppy, I was running a Chinese Astrological Compatibility program on my computer.

Upon inputting approximately 50 data points on each of us, the computer calculated a compatibility score of 697 out of a possible 700. Pretty close to a perfect match!

 I will certainly miss her when she is gone . . .

No comments: