Monday, April 15, 2013

Merrily we roll along . . .

Did a wee bit of walking this past weekend. Restarting my failed and derailed diet this morning. While progress has been made in beginning to increase my metabolism - - - I have severely failed to exercise the discipline taught to me while in the military with regards to eating out. Hard and Fast Rule Time!!!

"I will only eat at home so that I may ALWAYS be able to chart my progress. The ONLY exceptions will be to allow myself a Subway Tuna sandwich once weekly until I have successfully lost ten kilograms. All other eating places are removed from my vocabulary. Home. Subway (Once a week). That is all."

After I successfully lose ten kilograms, I may allow myself one unrestricted meal at a place and time of my choosing. Or I may not. That will be decided on the day that my weight reaches 79.2 kilograms.

I will post (at least twice monthly) a progress chart of my weight loss to my blog, in order that others may ridicule me should I fail to adhere to my self-imposed dietary plan. I will also continue to post my walking reports at least twice monthly."

For initial reference, here is my walking report as of Friday, 12 April 2013:






























Here is my walking report as of Sunday, 14 April 2013:



































A fairly good beginning, I think. Time marches on. So will I. Going to be figuring out some beginning points, goals, and schedule to integrate free-weights into my exercise routine. Former shipmates who have kept active over the years - - - your input would be most welcome. 

No comments: