Saturday, March 23, 2013

Rolling along . . .

Going to be dog sitting at home from April 1st through May 1st for some friends who are taking a trip to the mainland to visit their grandchildren. It will be nice to have a dog around again, even though temporarily. I am still missing Latte'. Any chance that I get to pet a dog - - - or to interact with one in a friendly manner, I will certainly use to maximum advantage. So, I am really looking forward to Toby coming to visit for a month.

Managed to get one or two good nights sleep over the last week. The rest were filled with the "Joys of combat-related PTSD". I have begun implementing some of the techniques that have been shown to me at the mental health clinic, and I'm finding that they do seem to help somewhat. Not perfect, but they do help reduce the stress.

Down at the storage facility earlier this morning, continuing to clear away the flotsam and jetsam of the wreckage of our lives. Some time within the next few months, Erika plans to start selling off all of the collectibles. She has about a million Barbie dolls. I have quite a few collectibles as well. Looking back now, I cannot possibly fathom the reason that I even wanted that junk. It looked good at the time, but over time - - - it has proven far less than useful. Why do we as humans accumulate so much useless stuff throughout our lives???

I will definitely not let the situation develop again. If I do not use an item at least once weekly, that I have no need to have it among my possessions. Far better that I own my stuff, rather than my stuff own me.

No comments: